Monday, April 7, 2008

Hands of Hope


February 6th, 2008,The First Wednesday Art Walk in Downtown Jacksonville is where I began the painting. The progress you see to the left, from the mockup below it is what was accomplished on this evening, approximately 3 hours of work.
Hands of Hope" is part of an event coming up in may that benefits The Saint Boniface Haiti Foundation, a non-profit, volunteer organization. Its primary mission is to provide health care to the poor of Haiti in the rural area of Fond Des Blancs. The painting to the left is the current progress I made during the start of the ArtWalk last night. This represents about 3 hours of work. B The painting will be auctioned off May 2nd. Before I began the painting I received some photos of the hospital in Haiti, with a striking photo of a young boy. I decided at that time I would use use face in the both the paintings and the marketing materials.

April 2nd, 2008,The First Wednesday Art Walk I returned to Gold's Gym to work on the "Hands of Hope" painting The image here was a practice pastel because the painting being auctioned off at the event has many hand represented, but they all ended up looking like mine. So I set out to take photos of my neighbor's hands to use as model. Click here for more details about this painting and the purchasing of prints and related works.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Es asombroso, es hermosa la,parece que lasmanos,parece que laspuedes tocar ,epro las demás tanto elcielo como esas raices todo es como manos..Preciosas,Gracias por compartir.Con cariño Victoria.ESPAÑA